The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in Pune, India. In this role, you will work as a member of a highly dynamic and collaborative Engineering Application Delivery Services team. This team is tasked with developing and operating the applications and services in support of Red Hat’s core customer offerings for subscription management and product downloads. We’ll need you to support the tools that automatically check into our platform to receive entitlement and software updates and allow customers to manage their subscribed Red Hat software on premise and in the cloud. You’ll contribute to the team’s capabilities and deliverables by demonstrating technical competence, initiative, creativity, learning, sharing, and teamwork while collaborating with a global team and stakeholders.
Primary job responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and maintain modern web applications
- Analyze and clarify business requirements to implement data model and business logic
- Work as part of an agile team to actively communicate status and complete deliverables on schedule
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure application quality and maintainability
- Build and deploy applications to Red Hat OpenShift
- Implement monitoring for applications, including synthetic and APM
- Ensure non-functional requirements including security, resiliency, and maintainability are met according to defined standards
- Resolve bugs, performance problems, and other issues with production applications
- 2+ years of experience in back-end development with Golang
- Experience writing SQL queries; data model design experience is a plus
- Knowledge of web application infrastructure, load balancing, L7 routing, and SSL
- Cloud application architecture experience like microservices, circuit breakers, centralised configuration, service registry and discovery, etc.
- Continuous delivery experience; ability to build and deploy pipelines, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) like OpenShift
- Distributed source control like Git, including continuous integration (CI) workflows
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience with scalable, resilient solutions design
- Background with agile project methodologies and rapid iterations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Java and frameworks development experience is a big plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Apply Now: https://bit.ly/3bJItaY