Interested candidates kindly apply before 30th August.
CV must be in pdf format, saved with your first name.
Post: Network Engineer-Support L1 trainee
As a network support engineer trainee, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the
systems that allow Customer to function and communicate, both internally and
externally, on a daily basis.
Depending on your level of responsibility, tasks may include upgrading the company’s
communications infrastructure or installing a new system. Specific projects will
vary depending on the sector and type of business you work\n for.
Regardless of the type of business, as a network support engineer.
Trainee you’ll be responsible for designing, installing and maintaining the communications, file sharing and general IT resources used by the organization
● Single point of contact for end user to receive support and maintenance for
● Installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and
● Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of networking problems to help
● Perform basic troubleshooting like log collection, capturing environmental
challenges, troubleshooting the errors and escalate to L2 if required.
● Working with respective teams towards resolution
● Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer
systems, networks and information.
● Identify and implement technical solutions and new security tools to help
mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
● Manage and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet
● Provide regular status reports to management and conduct occasional surveys
of customer satisfaction
● Network support in -Routing, Switching, IP Protocol, VLAN, LAN, WAN , MPLS,ILL,
Broadband, 2G, 3G/4G.technical & non-technical work ,active passive, BGP, OSPF,
load balancing, Load Sharing within given network.
● Maintaining, supporting a local and wide-area network (LAN/WAN) that, includes
planning, evaluation, configuration, acquisition, design, installation, maintenance,
testing, and coordination.
● On a day to day basis you will be involved in supporting and troubleshooting
network problems; coordinating with vendors/end customers for installation &
network related enquiry/queries.
Required skills As well as an in depth knowledge of technology, employers will expect you to have the following attributes to become a network support engineer:
• Good at problem solving
• Good at organizing and multitasking
• Able to explain technical problems in a simple terms
• Work well with people
• A dedication to continually update knowledge
• A clear understanding of the employer’s particular systems
• In depth knowledge of the four network types (LAN, WAN, & Routing , Switching)