Interested candidates kindly apply before 16th September (11:30 am).
CV must be in pdf format, saved with your first name.
Post: MySQL Developer
Experience: 6 to 8 years
The MySQL Developer is responsible for constructing, testing and maintaining the MYSQL database. This individual will participate in the design and development of data models and database architecture.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and monitor disaster recovery plans as it pertains to the production database environment
- Identify bottlenecks in database performance and tuning database and SQL queries
- Ensure availability, reliability and security of the database in production and staging environments • Ensure data integrity and the detection of data errors
- Perform capacity planning for database growth
- Train and mentor application developers and junior personnel on best practices
- Develop diagrams for data structure entity relationships and data flows
- Prepare reports for databases and customize for specific needs
- Collaborate with other database developers to assess system performance and make modifications as required
- Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution
- In this position the candidate should work as a Team Player
- The candidate should be accountable for all the tasks assigned to them
- The candidate should help the team for the successful delivery of the project
- The candidate should mentor the team members
Educational Qualification And Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering with five (5) years of directly related work experience; or, Master’s degree with three (3) years of commercial experience in MySQL Development and MySQL Server
- Demonstrated experience configuring, maintaining, monitoring, overseeing and troubleshooting Azure MySQL database, MySQL database servers v.5.7 with multi-master configuration running on Linux in production and staging
- Experience in Extract Transform and Load phases of data intake and established best practices
- Experience with source control – BItbucket, GitLab
- Experience with integrated development environments such as VS Code, Visual Studio or Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Must have good knowledge of SQL Server and Windows monitoring tools, both Microsoft supplied (Profiler, Performance Monitor, MOM) and third-party (BMC, DBArtisan, Quest).
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Good Knowledge / Experience in Oracle or other RDBMS preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Internet/Intranet resources